Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Kalamazoo
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
The Rave Motion Pictures Cityplace 14 in Kalamazoo, Michigan closed November 25, 2012 according to an article on Mlive.com published November 21st:
Rave Cityplace 14 in downtown Kalamazoo will close permanently next Sunday, Nov. 25.
Signs on the theater's doors Saturday and a message on its answering machine say Rave will close permanently the evening of Nov. 25, instead of the January closing cited by officials earlier.
Click the Read link below to view the full article, as well some related news stories on that site. While the article does not provide an explanation for the theater's closure, it surely has to do with the recent sale of nearly every location owned by Rave Cinemas:
- Carmike to Acquire 16 Movie Theaters from Rave Reviews Cinemas in AL, FL, IN, IL, PA, TN, and TX [10/2/2012]
- Cinemark Buys 32 Rave Cinemas Locations [11/20/2012]
- AMC Purchasing Four Rave Cinemas [11/27/2012]
The Kalamazoo theater opened in 2006 and had 14 screens, seating a total of 2,900 customers. Another article on the same site originally published November 12th mentions that the property owner is looking for a new operator for the theater.
Moviegoers in Kalamazoo will need to visit one of the three nearby theaters to see movies on the big screen.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.