Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Carmike Bradley Square 12
Add Your Comments
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
Carmike Cinemas announced that the new Carmike Bradley Square 12 in Cleveland, Tennessee will celebrate its Grand Opening on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 7pm. The new 12-screen theater is located in the Bradley Square Mall at 200 Paul Huff Parkway, and includes one of Carmike's "BigD" big-screen concept theaters.
The grand opening event kicks off at 7pm on the 13th with a selection of recent movies for $1 admission, $1 popcorn, and $1 soft drinks, with the proceeds going to The Ronald McDonald House, which provides a "home away from home" for families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at nearby hospitals. The House provides a comfortable, supportive, temporary residence near the medical facility where family members can sleep, eat, relax and find support from other families in similar situations.
The "BigD" auditorium features a 60-foot-wide screen that is "nearly three stories tall," which should amount to about 25 feet if they are outfitting it with a traditional 2.35:1 screen. It will have a Digital Cinema Projection system capable of both 2D and 3D presentations. The press release boasts of a 7.1 channel sound system that has the ability to upgrade to 11.1 in the future, with 21" subwoofers providing the boom in the room.
“The success of 3-D releases for features like the iconic blockbuster ‘Avatar,’ ‘Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax,’ ‘Amazing Spiderman,’ the record-breaking ‘The Avengers,’ and the soon to be released ‘The Hobbit,’ proves that audiences are excited about and enjoy the new DIGITAL experience, and are demanding it,” notes [David Passman, Carmike’s President and CEO]. “These early successes will no doubt persuade producers to release more movies in this format, and with the “BIGD” experience – in either 3-D or 2-D DIGITAL – Carmike has the full capability to provide our audiences with the technology and total luxury that brings theatergoing to a new level.”
We expect to be getting showtimes for the theater at the normal time frame of early next week, so keep an eye on the Showtimes page for updates!
Source: Carmike Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.