Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Digiplex Surprise IMAX
- Digiplex Apple Valley
Apple Valley, CA
- Digiplex River Village
- Digiplex Mission Marketplace
- Digiplex Poway
- UltraStar Mission Valley at Hazard Center
San Diego, CA
- Digiplex Temecula Tower Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
- Roseville, MI: Silver Cinemas - Macomb Mall Closed [5/8]
- Oxon Hill, MD: AMC Reopens the Former Rivertowne 12 Cinemas [5/5]
Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. (Digiplex) announced today that it will acquire seven movie theaters from UltraStar Cinemas. Six are in southern California and the seventh is near Phoenix, Arizona. The deal should be finalized on December 14, 2012.
The press release includes quotes from each party in the transaction:
Alan Grossberg, CEO of UltraStar, stated, “We are very pleased about reaching this mutually beneficial acquisition agreement with Digiplex. They are very well-respected pioneers of digital cinema and have developed an intriguing and ambitious growth strategy. As stakeholders, we look forward to sharing in the rewards of their future success.”
Digiplex Chairman and CEO Bud Mayo stated, “The accretive purchase of UltraStar’s seven West Coast-based theaters is a logical next step for Digiplex as we continue to successfully execute our strategy of opportunistically expanding the Company’s footprint across the U.S. in leading DMAs. This marks our third acquisition of the year and significantly expands and diversifies Digiplex’s revenue and operating base while delivering incremental value to all stakeholders.”
Digiplex acquired the Pennsylvania-based Cinema Centers chain in April 2012. It completed the sale of a theater in Lisbon, Connecticut in October. That brought their location count up to nine, so this acquisition will raise that number to 16. It will take UltraStar down to just seven locations, all in California.
The following locations are affected by this sale:
- Ultrastar Cinemas Surprise Pointe 14 - Surprise, AZ
- UltraStar Apple Valley - Apple Valley, CA
- UltraStar River Village Cinemas - Bonsall, CA
- UltraStar Cinemas Mission Marketplace 13 - Oceanside, CA
- UltraStar Poway Creekside - Poway, CA
- UltraStar Mission Valley Cinemas - Hazard Center - San Diego, CA
- Ultrastar Tower 10 - Temecula, CA
If you have gift certificates for any of the affected locations, don't wait very long to use them! Some companies will honor them after an acquisition, while others will not. For more information, visit the Contact Information page for ways to contact the theaters directly (just click on the theater's name in the list, and then find the "Contact Information" link in the sidebar).
Source: Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.