Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Carmike 12 - Decatur Mall
- Carmike 8 - Decatur
- Regal River Oaks Cinema 8
Add Your Comments
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
The Regal River Oaks Cinema 8 in Decatur, Alabama closed December 16, 2012, according to an article published that day in the Decatur Daily:
Today is your last chance to see a movie at the Regal River Oaks Cinema 8.
The theater is closing its doors today, marking the end of a 22-year run.
Regal has kept the closure quiet. There was no signage posted on the theater leading up to today. Employees wouldn't comment, diverting all questions to a Regal Entertainment Group corporate answering machine that didn't return calls made since Thanksgiving until Friday morning.
Corporate communications representatives for the Knoxville-based theater chain also did not answer queries about the theater's closing.
Show times for the theater on websites such as Fandango aren't listed for any day after today, and Johnson said he attended a closing party for the theater near Thanksgiving during which the closing date was announced. And all of the films currently playing are holdovers from previous weeks.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
When the Carmike 12 - Decatur Mall was announced in November 2011 (read the Journal article), we wondered how the mall was going to support 20 screens (the Carmike 8 - Decatur plans to close when the new Carmike opens), and I guess this is the answer to that question. The new theater was supposed to open this fall, but the above article does mention that it should open in late January or early February 2013.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.