Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Nova 10 Cinemas Haymarket Square
Des Moines, IA
Add Your Comments
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
- Harkins Summer Movie Fun Series - 10 Kids Movies for $7 [6/30]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2015 Summer Movie Series [6/30]
- Regal's Summer Movie Express Offers $1 Movies in 2015 [6/30]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2015 [6/30]
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
The Nova 10 Cinemas Haymarket Square in Des Moines, Iowa closed on May 24, 2012. The Des Moines Register mentions that the theater was closed in a June 7, 2012 blog posting by Patt Johnson:
Nova 10 Cinemas in the Haymarket Square, 4353 Merle Hay Road is closed. It’s unclear whether the theater is closed for good or temporarily.
Signs on the doors indicate it’s a temporary situation. Theater owner Mike Kohen could not be reached for comment.
Signs read: “We are closed for the weekend. For issues with this, contact Mike Kohen, owner of the theater.” It listed a cell phone number with a New York area code and an email address. Kohen didn’t respond to voice mail or email requests for information about the closure. There also is a handwritten sign indicating there is no power at the theater and directed owners to call MidAmerican Energy. A MidAmerican worker said a transformer behind the theaters had been repaired and had knocked out power to the theater. MidAmerican also was unable to speak with Kohen.
Click the Read link to view the full article.
Moviegoers in the area can choose from the list of ten theaters within 15 miles that will be happy to serve up movies and concessions to customers.
Originally built in 1986, the theater was last operated by Nova Cinemas, which took over the operation in 2002 after Carmike Cinemas closed it in 2000. It started out with five screens, which grew to eleven, but then was reduced to 10 when Nova Cinemas converted one of the auditoriums into a laser tag arena.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.