Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cine Starz Upper Canada Place
Add Your Comments
- Stafford, VA: Regal Aquia 10 Closed [10/21]
- Brooklyn, NY: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Downtown Brooklyn Opening October 28, 2016 [10/19]
- Kapolei, HI: Luxury Movie Theater Opening at Ka Makana Ali'i on October 21, 2016 [10/17]
- J.K. Rowling Says There Will Be Five "Fantastic Beasts" Movies [10/13]
- Oak Brook, IL: AMC Oakbrook Center 12 Opens [10/13]
- Abingdon, VA: Moonlite Drive-In Theatre Plans Revival [10/10]
- Pikesville, MD: Pikes Theatre Closed [10/9]
- Goodyear, AZ: Harkins Estrella Falls 16 Opening October 13, 2016 [10/4]
- Country Club Hills, IL: Marcus Country Club Hills Cinema To Open October 14, 2016 [10/4]
- New York, NY: iPic Theaters at Fulton Market - South Street Seaport Opens October 7, 2016 [10/4]
The Encore Upper Canada Place in Burlington, Ontario closed December 14, 2012, according to the following notice posted on their web site:
After 13 amazing years, Encore Cinemas has ceased operations of the Upper Canada Place Cinemas in Burlington. While will miss serving the Burlington community, we look back at our years on Brant Street with many fond memories of amazing guests, outstanding staff and delightful neighbours.
The motion picture exhibition industry is undergoing a dramatic change in technology from 35mm film to digital cinema and with that change comes a very substantial cost for the replacement of all our projection and sound equipment. Based on the fact that our Burlington cinema is unable to play first run films and the size of the auditoriums, there is no way to justify (or raise) the close to $400,000 cost that would have been required to convert in time for the withdrawal of film prints in mid 2013.
The Upper Canada Place Cinemas is the last of the original Drabinsky/Taylor Cineplex locations that opened in 1985 and continued under Cineplex ownership until 1999. After a brief closure for renovations, Encore took over the business later that year and has been the operator until now.
We want to thank our many loyal guests and staff that have made the Upper Canada Place Cinemas their favorite movie theatre. We want to invite everyone to continue to enjoy the Encore brand of quality service at our Oakville location where we show first run films and the digital conversion is well under way.
If you have passed or coupons for Encore Burlington, we will honour them at our Oakville location. Our Film Card brand of gift/loyalty cards can also be used in Oakville, but for Burlington guests who wish a refund of the balance of their, we will will be posting a form to request a refund to our website the last week of December.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.