Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Centre Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- Cincinnati, OH: Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
The future of the Centre Cinema in Rugby, North Dakota when owner David "DJ" Anderson stated earlier this year that he intended to close the theater by the end of the year and put the theater up for sale.
According to an article published in Pierce County Tribune on December 24, 2012, the theater has been purchased by the Rugby Job Development Authority, with the intention of keeping the theater in operation and performing upgrades necessary to keep it running:
After theater owner and operator David "DJ" Anderson announced his intention to close the Centre Cinema at the end of the year and put the building up for sale, a public meeting drew more than 80 people determined to keep it open.
A steering committee of around 25 people was developed after a Nov. 27 community meeting on how to save the theater.
At its first meeting, the steering committee showed a desire to have the JDA purchase the building to ensure it would stay a theater, regardless of how it was operated in the future.
In purchasing the theater, the JDA would also gain the right to the Lyric Theater name, which is owned by Anderson. Anderson also told Foster he would assist with the transfer of the theater and training new staff.
The main question debated at the meeting wasn't whether to purchase the building, but what would be the best way to operate the theater moving forward.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
- Theater group partners with NDCF -- Pierce County Tribune [Dec 28, 2012]
- Massive support - Residents turn out to save theatre -- Pierce County Tribune [Dec 1, 2012]
- Future uncertain - Local leaders to hold meeting concerning theater -- Pierce County Tribune [Nov 27, 2012]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.