Remove ads with our VIP Service
- MX Movies
St. Louis, MO
Add Your Comments
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
An upscale movie theater will be opening in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, in April 2012, according to an article published today in the St. Louis Dispatch:
The operators of the luxury Moolah Theatre in midtown have finalized plans to open a three-screen cinema in the downtown Mercantile Exchange building. The projected opening date is April 2012.
Locally owned St. Louis Cinemas has reached a deal with Connecticut-based Spinnaker Real Estate, which is redeveloping the 11-story building at Sixth Street and Washington Avenue. The Mercantile Exchange, built in 1919, was most recently the Dillard's Department Store anchor of the defunct St. Louis Centre Mall. Spinnaker's $150 million development would also include a hotel, housing, retail and a blues museum.
The movie theater will be on the second floor of the building, with a view facing west on Washington Avenue. Harman Moseley, who operates the St. Louis Cinemas chain that also includes the Chase Park Plaza, Galleria and Granite City theaters, says the new venue will up the ante on his bet that luxury amenities can lure adult moviegoers out of their homes.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
St. Louis Cinemas currently operates four movie theaters in the St. Louis area: Chase Park Plaza Cinemas, Galleria 6 Cinemas, and Moolah Theatre & Lounge in St. Louis, and the Granite City Cinema across the river in Granite City, Illinois.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.