Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
The AMC West Olive 16 in Creve Coeur, Missouri is now offering customers in-theater dining options in their "Cinema Suites" and "Fork & Screen" auditoriums. The new service started on November 5, 2012. While the screen sizes have stayed the same, the number of seats in each auditorium has been reduced to accomodate the recliner seating and tables necessary for the holding the food.
AMC bills the Fork & Screen auditoriums as "a movie theatre and a casual restaurant rolled into one with upgraded seats, an extensive menu, full cocktail bar and service at the push of a button." Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The Cinema Suites take things up a notch by offering a more upscale experience, including luxurious reclining seats and restricting attendance to those 21 and over.
Dining options include gourmet hamburgers, special desserts, and alcoholic beverages in addition to the more traditional concession stand offerings. Food is ordered by pushing a button near the table and servers discretely take your order and deliver it to you when it's ready.
Naturally, there is an upcharge for this upgraded experience, so be prepared to pay more for a movie at this theater than other traditional movie theaters in the area. A quick check showed that an adult evening ticket at this theater is $12.00, whereas a similar ticket at the nearby AMC Creve Coeur 12 is $7.50.
Check out the video below advertising the new dine-in theaters at the AMC West Olive 16:
To find out what's playing, head over to the theater's Showtimes page! News articles about the changes at theater appear below.
Related News Coverage
- AMC Theatres to open new dine-in movie house, will hire hundreds of workers -- KDSK Channel 5 [Oct 2, 2012]
- AMC West Olive to roll out new luxury auditoriums -- St. Louis Business Journal [Nov 1, 2012]
- AMC's West Olive Theatre in Creve Coeur Ready For Dining Debut -- CreveCoeurPatch [Nov 2, 2012]
- AMC West Olive 16 reopens as all-suites cinema -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch [Nov 7, 2012]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.