Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Albuquerque, NM: Flix Brewhouse - Albuquerque Opens [12/7]
- Bethesda, MD: Regal Bethesda 10 Closing December 15, 2016 [12/7]
- Houston, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Vintage Park Sold to Star Cinema Grill [12/7]
- Lawrenceville, GA: Grand Opening for Carmike Ovation Cinema Grill 11 on December 8, 2016 [12/6]
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Damaged by Rain - Closed Temporarily [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
The AMC West Olive 16 in Creve Coeur, Missouri is now offering customers in-theater dining options in their "Cinema Suites" and "Fork & Screen" auditoriums. The new service started on November 5, 2012. While the screen sizes have stayed the same, the number of seats in each auditorium has been reduced to accomodate the recliner seating and tables necessary for the holding the food.
AMC bills the Fork & Screen auditoriums as "a movie theatre and a casual restaurant rolled into one with upgraded seats, an extensive menu, full cocktail bar and service at the push of a button." Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The Cinema Suites take things up a notch by offering a more upscale experience, including luxurious reclining seats and restricting attendance to those 21 and over.
Dining options include gourmet hamburgers, special desserts, and alcoholic beverages in addition to the more traditional concession stand offerings. Food is ordered by pushing a button near the table and servers discretely take your order and deliver it to you when it's ready.
Naturally, there is an upcharge for this upgraded experience, so be prepared to pay more for a movie at this theater than other traditional movie theaters in the area. A quick check showed that an adult evening ticket at this theater is $12.00, whereas a similar ticket at the nearby AMC Creve Coeur 12 is $7.50.
Check out the video below advertising the new dine-in theaters at the AMC West Olive 16:
To find out what's playing, head over to the theater's Showtimes page! News articles about the changes at theater appear below.
Related News Coverage
- AMC Theatres to open new dine-in movie house, will hire hundreds of workers -- KDSK Channel 5 [Oct 2, 2012]
- AMC West Olive to roll out new luxury auditoriums -- St. Louis Business Journal [Nov 1, 2012]
- AMC's West Olive Theatre in Creve Coeur Ready For Dining Debut -- CreveCoeurPatch [Nov 2, 2012]
- AMC West Olive 16 reopens as all-suites cinema -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch [Nov 7, 2012]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.