Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Century Aurora
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
The Century Aurora in Aurora, Colorado is now planning to reopen to the public on January 25, 2013, according to a graphic on the theater's area on Cinemark's web site. It was originally planning to re-open January 17th, with free movie showings its first weekend.
A remembrance ceremony was held at the theater last Thursday, January 17, 2013, with invitations sent out to many affected by a shooting that happened at the theater during a midnight screening the night of July 19, 2012, leaving 12 people dead and dozens wounded.
The Denver Post has an article about the ceremony, along with reactions from those who were there that night as well as others with varying opinions about what should have been done with the theater:
Seated toward the front of Auditorium I, Pierce O'Farrill pointed to the walkway a few feet in front of him. "That's around where a SWAT team guy found me and then dragged me to safety," he said.
It had been almost six months earlier to the day, and O'Farrill returned to the renovated movie theater where he was shot three times in a mass shooting.
"This is weird, man," said O'Farrill, his eyes glancing around. "I'm glad to be here, and, obviously, I'm glad to be alive."
Hundreds attended a night of remembrance Thursday as the Century Aurora reopened its doors. The smells of fresh popcorn and the smiles of theater staff offering up soda and boxes of candy greeted those looking to heal.
Click the Read link below to read the full article. A video produced by The Denver Post appears below:
Photo above is ©2012 Cinemark USA, Inc
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.