Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Goodrich Lansing Mall 6
Add Your Comments
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
- Saint Charles, IL: Improvements Coming to Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18 [2/26]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Coming to Foothills Mall [2/26]
- Glen Burnie, MD: UA Marley Station 8 Closed [2/26]
- Willoughby Hills, OH: Big Cinemas Phoenix Willoughby Hills Closed [2/24]
The Lansing Mall in Lansing, Michigan will be getting a new 12-screen Regal Cinema, according to a press release by the mall's owner, Rouse Properties, Inc. A lease agreement has been signed, but no opening date has been announced.
“Regal Cinemas will be adding an exceptional entertainment destination to Lansing Mall, featuring all of the latest amenities that enhance today’s movie-going experience,” said Andrew Silberfein, president and chief executive officer of Rouse Properties. “These additions enhance our strong retailer lineup at Lansing Mall, improving the quality and breadth of the tenancy of the mall, and providing a superior experience for shoppers and the greater Lansing community.”
“Regal Entertainment Group is excited to establish our first theatre in Lansing, bringing with us the unmatched Regal Premium Experience or RPX,” stated Russ Nunley, marketing and communications vice president of Regal Entertainment Group. “The special RPX auditorium is technologically superior to others, providing moviegoers with the ultimate in both sight and sound quality. It’s like choosing first class at the movies.”
The location of the new theater wasn't specified in the press release, but the Lansing State Journal reported in a January 18, 2013 article that it will be located in the vacant space that was previously occupied by the Mervyn's department store and Steve & Barry's sports apparel store.
This announcement throws into question what will happen to the Goodrich Lansing Mall 6, which is located on an outlot within walking distance of the mall. While no official announcements have been made, it's unlikely that the smaller theater will survive with a new theater across the street. However, this is just an announcement, and not the beginning of actual work, so until a firm opening date draws near, the existing theater has little to worry about.
Source: Rouse Properties, Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.