Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Mission: Impossible III 
- Star Trek 
- Star Trek Into Darkness 
- Star Trek Into Darkness: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D 
- Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Add Your Comments
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
The Hollywood Reporter has published an article today that says that J.J. Abrams is in negotiations to direct the next installment of the Star Wars saga, currently titled Star Wars: Episode VII:
J.J. Abrams is in late-stage talks to direct the next Star Wars film for Disney.
Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that the Star Trek director is negotiating to direct Episode VII, the next installment in the fabled sci-fi franchise.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The movie is set to be released in 2015, and they already have a writer hired (Michael Arndt from Toy Story 3). J.J. Abrams did a great job rebooting the Star Trek franchise back in 2009 with Star Trek, and the next installment, Star Trek Into Darkness, is being released this summer. He also directed and produced my favorite Mission: Impossible installment, Mission: Impossible III.
The Walt Disney Company purchased LucasFilm, which included the entire Star Wars franchise, back in October, and the studio seems to think that the franchise not only has more movies in the core storyline, but also in spin-offs as well. Under the right leadership, I think they're right.
Update: It's official! Read the Journal article: J.J. Abrams Near Deal to Direct "Star Wars: Episode VII"
What Do You Think?
Can J.J. Abrams do the Star Wars series some justice and bring some swagger back to the galaxy far far away?
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.