Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Carmel, IN: Flix Brewhouse - Carmel Opens [5/1]
- Sun Prairie, WI: Marcus Palace Cinema Opens, Eastgate Cinema Closes [4/30]
- Santa Fe, NM: Violet Crown Cinema - Santa Fe Opens May 1, 2015 [4/30]
- Lake Charles, LA: Closed UA Lake Charles 10 Will Reopen in Fall 2015 as Cinemark Movie Bistro [4/29]
- Glenview, IL: ArcLight Cinemas - Glenview Opening on April 30, 2015 [4/27]
- Culver City, CA: ArcLight Cinemas - Culver City Opening on April 30, 2015 [4/27]
- Ashburn, VA: Starplex Cinemas - Loudoun Luxury 11 Now Open [4/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: UA Lake Charles 10 Closing August 26, 2015 [4/24]
- Dallas, TX: Cinepolis to Open Luxury Movie Theater in Victory Park [4/21]
- Lewisburg, WV: Lewisburg Cinema 8 Now Open [4/21]
CLast week, we reported that J.J. Abrams, director of the new Star Trek movies, the most recent Mission Impossible installment, and a host of others, was in final negotiations to direct the new Star Wars movie, tentatively called Star Wars: Episode VII.
On Friday, LucasFilm made it official by announcing that he is indeed going to direct the new movie on starwars.com:
Yes, J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII, the first of a new series of Star Wars films to come from Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy. Abrams will be directing and Academy Award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay.
"It's very exciting to have J.J. aboard leading the charge as we set off to make a new Star Wars movie," said Kennedy. "J.J. is the perfect director to helm this. Beyond having such great instincts as a filmmaker, he has an intuitive understanding of this franchise. He understands the essence of the Star Wars experience, and will bring that talent to create an unforgettable motion picture."
George Lucas went on to say "I've consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller." He's an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn't be in better hands."
"To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor," J.J. Abrams said. "I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid."
Click the Read link below to view the full announcement.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.