Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Matthews, NC: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [8/25]
- Groton, CT: Groton Cinema 6 Closed [8/25]
- Anaheim, CA: UltraStar GardenWalk Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Scottsdale, AZ: UltraStar Scottsdale Pavilion 11 Closed [8/24]
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI: Carmike Varsity Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Roanoke, TX: Cinemark Roanoke and XD Now Open [8/14]
- Revere, MA: Showcase Cinema de Lux Revere Debuts "MX4D® Theatre" [8/6]
- Tulsa, OK: Village Movies 8 Opens Today [7/31]
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
The Fridley - Palms Theatre in Muscatine, Iowa will open on March 14, 2013, according to an article in the Muscatine Journal:
R.L. Fridley Theatres of Des Moines has decided to open The Palms, its new 10-plex at the corner of Mulberry Avenue and the Douglas King Memorial Expressway, beginning with matinee showings on Thursday, March 14.
The Palms was to have opened Friday.
“We met last week with the general contractor and the subcontractors, did a walk-through and agreed we could be open March 8,” said Russ Vannorsdel, Fridley Theatres’ director of operations. “But if we had any problems at all in anybody’s schedule, it would have compromised the opening date.
“We wanted to make sure the staff and the facility are ready to open the way we wanted to. We decided to do it right.”
Click the Read link below for the full article. The new theater will have auditoriums that seat as few as 75 people up to almost 300 in the XL auditorium, which will feature a 53-foot wide screen and a Dolby Atmos sound system. 2D and 3D presentations courtesy of Digital Cinema Projection systems are in each auditorium, and one of the 10 auditoriums will be reserved for adults 21 and over so that wine, beer, and mixed drinks can be served from a portable bar (giving them the ability to make any one of the 10 auditoriums a 21-and-over theater).
It was especially nice to see that curtains will be covering the screens, and the company's policy is to start the movie right away, with no pre-show advertising. This committment to showmanship is to be commended, and the residents of Muscatine are fortunate to have this new theater opening in their community.
In a previous article in the same publication, it was mentioned that the nearby Fridley - Plaza 4 Theatres will close when the new theater opens. All of the employees from that location will transfer to the Palms Theatre.
Fridley Theatres currently owns/operates 26 locations in Iowa and Nebraska.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.