Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Lawrence of Arabia 
Add Your Comments
- Andy Serkis Interviewed About Upcoming "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" and its Relationship to "The Godfather" [4/15]
- Watch Highlights from the UK Premiere of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" [3/26]
- USA Today Interviews "Peanuts" Producer Craig Schulz, Watch the Teaser Trailer! [3/18]
- Captain America 3D Double Feature Coming to Theaters April 3rd [3/10]
- Bonita Springs, FL: Prado Stadium 12 Featured in Spotlight Magazines [3/4]
- Note Added to "Noah" Explaining That It's Not a Documentary [2/28]
- Buy One Oscar Nominee Ticket at AMC, Get One Free (conditions apply) [2/10]
- Barnes & Noble Stores Hosting Events Tied to "The LEGO Movie" [1/21]
- Entertainment Weekly Interviews Ben Affleck About "Gone Girl" [11/24]
- See a 5-Minute Clip for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Before "Thor: The Dark World 3D" [10/23]
Select Cinemark locations will be showing the 1962 classic Lawrence of Arabia on Tuesday, March 20, 2013. The 216-minute epic movie won seven Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Sound, and Best Music, Score and is the story of British Lieutenant T.E. Lawrence (played by Peter O'Toole, who was nominated for his performance) who is sent to Arabia to act as a laison between the Arabs and the British in their fight against the Turks in WWI. Against orders, he teams up with native Sherif Ali (Omar Sharif, who was also nominated) to band together the tribes of Arabia against a Turkish outpost.
The movie is available on home video, with a newly restored version being released on Blu-ray this past November, but unless you have a huge screen, the impact of this movie is going to be somewhat lost when seen on the standard living room flat panel. The movie is a favorite of 70mm revivals because the movie was originally shot on 65mm film and presented in its 2.20:1 aspect ratio in 70mm houses around the country when it was released.
While 70mm presentations are very hard to find, Cinemark is doing the next best thing by offering up this classic movie on the big screen, and in some cases, their XD screens, for your viewing pleasure!
"LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is the quintessential big screen epic," states James Meredith, Head of Marketing & Communications for Cinemark. "It's adventurous, award-winning, and features memorable directing and acting performances. It will look spectacular in our Cinemark XD auditoriums at participating locations!"
The movie will be shown at 2pm and 7pm tomorrow, March 20th, 2013, so head over to the Showtimes page and see where the closest location is to you and make your plans now!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.