Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Kalamazoo
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
Moviegoers in Kalamazoo, Michigan were surprised in November 2012 when the Rave Motion Pictures Cityplace 14 closed unexpectedly., but they have reason to rejoice as Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has announced that they are moving in and hope to have the theater open as the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Kalamazoo as early as late Spring 2013!
According to the web site, the theater will be reduced from 14 to 10 screens, but all ten will have Sony 4K Digital Cinema Projection systems and they're even going to keep some 35mm projectors around when the need to project film arises. Founded in 1997, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is known for its unique programming, serving food and drinks with movies, and its no-tolerance policies concerning talking and texting on cell phones.
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema currently owns/operates 14 locations in Colorado, Missouri, their home state of Texas. and Virginia. This will be their first location in Michigan.
The theater is hiring, so if you're interesting in becoming part of the action, click on the Read link below for more information!
Michigan Live has been publishing a series of articles about the new theater as well, so check out the links below to read up on some recent developments:
Thanks to reader Ron H. for passing along news about the theater re-opening!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.