Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Kalamazoo
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
Moviegoers in Kalamazoo, Michigan were surprised in November 2012 when the Rave Motion Pictures Cityplace 14 closed unexpectedly., but they have reason to rejoice as Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has announced that they are moving in and hope to have the theater open as the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Kalamazoo as early as late Spring 2013!
According to the web site, the theater will be reduced from 14 to 10 screens, but all ten will have Sony 4K Digital Cinema Projection systems and they're even going to keep some 35mm projectors around when the need to project film arises. Founded in 1997, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is known for its unique programming, serving food and drinks with movies, and its no-tolerance policies concerning talking and texting on cell phones.
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema currently owns/operates 14 locations in Colorado, Missouri, their home state of Texas. and Virginia. This will be their first location in Michigan.
The theater is hiring, so if you're interesting in becoming part of the action, click on the Read link below for more information!
Michigan Live has been publishing a series of articles about the new theater as well, so check out the links below to read up on some recent developments:
Thanks to reader Ron H. for passing along news about the theater re-opening!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.