Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Appleton East
- Marcus Valley Value Cinema
- Marcus Hollywood Cinema
Grand Chute, WI
- Fox Cinema Cafe
Add Your Comments
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- Decatur, GA: Big Cinemas South Dekalb Stadium 12 Closed [3/3]
- Norcross, GA: Big Cinemas Peachtree Funplex 8 Closed [3/3]
- Valdosta, GA: GTC Ashley 8 Cinemas Closed [3/3]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
An article in the Appleton Post-Crescent published on January 15, 2013 reports that the Marcus Valley Value Cinemas in Appleton, Wisconsin is for sale, but it will remain open until it is sold. The article is part of a Q&A section titled The Buzz, and was in response to a reader question about a for sale sign seen in front of the theater:
I checked with Marcus Theatres and found out the building is for sale because the cost of upgrading it is too high compared to revenues.“The expense of transitioning to digital cinema, coupled with the demise of 35 mm film prints and declining revenues in the second-run theatrical market, have led to the decision to sell this property,” said Carlo Petrick, Marcus spokesman.
The theaters will operate as usual until the building is sold.
“This is the first step toward the eventual disposition of the theater so that this property can be redeveloped for future use,” he said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
From the sounds of that last paragraph, it would appear that the building will no longer be a movie theater after the sale. It's not specified, but many theater companies place restrictions when selling theaters that the building cannot be used as a movie theater by the new owner/operator, so that's not an unreasonable assumption here.
While the Valley Value Cinemas is a second-run, budget-priced theater, the company also operates the first-run Marcus Hollywood UltraScreen Cinema and Marcus Appleton East nearby. The Fox Cinema Cafe in Menasha does offer second-run movies with $3 matinees and $4 evening shows for adults.
Until the building is sold, or Marcus decides to close it, moviegoers can still enjoy low-priced movies at the the Marcus Valley Value Cinemas. Find out what's playing by going to their Showtimes page!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.