Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
- Robert Osborne, Beloved Host of Turner Classic Movies, Dies at 84 [3/6]
The days seem to be numbered for the CineArts @ Pleasant Hill in Pleasant Hill, California. Despite citizen opposition efforts, the developer's desire to demolish the building and put up a sporting goods store was given the green light last week when the Pleasant Hill Architectural Review Commission decided that the building was not worth saving for historical or architectural reasons.
A demolition order has been approved, so barring any last-minute action by the city, it appears that the theater's dome will become part of Pleasant Hill's history very soon.
Cinemark, which operates the CineArts location, also operates the Century Pleasant Hill 16, but there is no indication by the company about whether that location will begin showing more independent/arts movies if/when the domed theater goes down.
Related News Articles
- Plans to Demolish 'Dome' Move Ahead, Talks Turn To Commemoration -- Pleasant Hill Patch [Apr 4, 2013]
- Dozens turn out for last effort to save CineArts Dome in Pleasant Hill -- KTVU [Apr 6, 2013]
- Dome Decision Heads to City Council -- Pleasant Hill Patch [Apr 9, 2013]
- Fans of Pleasant Hill's 'dome' movie theater file appeal to stop demolition -- Contra Costa Times [Apr 9, 2013]
- Appeal Is Last Hope For 'Dome' Theater -- Pleasant Hill Patch [Apr 10, 2013]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.