Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Frank Theatres - Kingsport Town Center
Add Your Comments
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
The Marquee Cinemas - Fort Henry Mall 11 in Kingsport, Tennessee closed February 4, 2013. An announcement on the theater's page on the Marquee Cinemas web site simply says that the location is now closed and to look forward to them opening a new location at Indian Trail coming Christmas 2013.
Gift card holders can use them at other Marquee Cinemas locations, wait for the new theater to open, or send them to the company for a refund. For details, you can contact Annell Evans at 304-255-4036.
An article in the Kingsport Times News says that Frank Theatres may be taking over the Fort Henry Mall location:
As Marquee transitions out of the mall, Somera and the city of Kingsport have been working to recruit Frank Theatres to the KTC. Frank Theatres of Jupiter, Fla., (whose parent company was founded in 1906) owns and operates 25 theaters and 256 screens in seven eastern and southern states.
Frank Theatres has said it plans to expand the mall footprint by 40,000 square feet, have 12 screens (five of which would be 3-D) and bring an IMAX theater to the Kingsport location, along with a full-service restaurant and lounge, two bars, a soft play area for children, bumper cars, laser tag and laser maze arenas and two dozen lanes of bowling.
Click the Read link below to view the full article. The Frank Theatres web site does mention that IMAX is coming to their Kingsport, TN location, even though that location is not currently listed on their web site. I think that means that they're definitely planning on re-opening the theater and installing an IMAX screen.
Moviegoers in the area do have other options, as a look at the Nearby Theaters listing for Kingsport shows.
Photo above is from the Marquee Cinemas Facebook page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.