Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Frank Theatres - Kingsport Town Center
Add Your Comments
- Lynchburg, VA: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [11/27]
- Longmont, CO: Regal Village at the Peaks 12 & RPX Now Open [11/27]
- Superior, WI: Marcus Superior Value Cinema to Close December 6, 2015 [11/27]
- Greenfield, WI: Silver Cinemas - Budget South Closed [11/24]
- Bakersfield, CA: IMAX Coming to Reading Cinemas Valley Plaza 16 [11/23]
- Pagedale, MO: 24:1 Cinema Now Open [11/23]
- Wentzville, MO: B & B Wentzville Tower 12 Now Open [11/23]
- Princeton, NJ: AMC Marketfair 10 Now Open [11/23]
- Tacoma, WA: Century Point Ruston and XD Now Open [11/19]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in Dolby Cinema [11/17]
The theater formerly known as the Marquee Cinemas - Fort Henry Mall 11 in Kingsport, Tennessee will be re-opening May 17, 2013, according to an article published in the Kingsport Times News last week:
According to the president of Frank Theatres — the company going into the mall location — May 17 is the target date for the reopening.
“We’re starting this coming week,” said Bruce Frank, president and CEO of the company.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article. This will be the first Tennessee location for Frank Theatres, which has 25 locations in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia.
The theater was closed on February 4, 2013 by Marquee Cinemas, which is opening a new location in the area later this year.
As was rumored back in February, the new Frank Theatres-run location will have an IMAX screen that the article says will be 85 feet tall. For a traditional IMAX screen, that means the width will be over 120 feet, and if it were the newer/wider screens, the width would be Both of which would be enormous! It's far more likely that the IMAX screen will be 85 feet wide and 45 feet tall, which is still very large by today's standards. It's also possible that the article is mistaken about the screen's height altogether.
There's no information on the Frank Theatres web site about the new theater, except a brief mention in a rotating graphic on their home page. More information will become available as we approach their planned opening date.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.