Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Showplex Cinemas Lakewood 8 Theatre
North Little Rock, AR
- AMC Hays 8
- AMC Pittsburg 8
- AMC Salina 10
- AMC Springfield 11
- AMC Grand Island 7
Grand Island, NE
- AMC Oakwood Mall 8
- AMC Lawton 12
- AMC Owasso 12
- AMC West End Pointe 8
Add Your Comments
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
According to the press release, the two companies will continue to operate under their existing brands, with operational control moving to Starplex, which is based in Dallas, Texas.
“The addition of ShowPlex’s quality assets will complement Starplex’s growing domestic footprint, including the expansion of our presence in the Midwest market,” states Steve Holmes, CEO of Starplex Cinemas.
The affected locations are as follows:
- Showplex Cinemas Lakewood 8 Theatre - North Little Rock, Arkansas
- Mall 8 Hays - Hays, Kansas
- Mall 8 Pittsburg - Pittsburg, Kansas
- Central Mall 10 - Salina, Kansas
- Showplex Cinemas Springfield 11 - Springfield, Missouri
- Showplex Cinemas Mall Stadium 7 - Grand Island, Nebraska
- Showplex Oakwood Enid 8 - Enid, Oklahoma
- Showplex Central Mall 12 Theatre - Lawton, Oklahoma
- Showplex Cinemas - Owasso 12 - Owasso, Oklahoma
- Showplex Cinemas - West End Pointe Yukon 8 - Yukon, Oklahoma
One would imagine that Starplex will operate the acquired theaters under the familiar brands at first, but then begin to transition them to a single brand, which is par for the course in mergers and acquisitions.
ShowPlex Cinemas acquired its 10 locations from Dickinson Theatres in May 2010.
Combined, there will be 32 locations in Arkansas, California, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Texas, and Washington.
Related News Articles
- ShowPlex Cinemas shares a marquee with Dallas’ Starplex Cinemas chain -- Kansas City Business Journal [Dec 26, 2012]
- Starplex Cinemas purchases Showplex Cinemas chain -- The Salina Journal [Jan 9, 2013]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.