Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
The Soundview Cinemas in Port Washington, New York will reopen on April 26, 2013. It has been closed since September 2010 when then-owner Clearview Cinemas could not come to a rent agreement with the landlord.
The Plainview Patch published an article in late March that talked about the challenges that the new owners faced in trying to reopen the theater:
The Desners had hoped to open the theater in May 2012, but because the shopping center is in foreclosure, the approval process grew complicated, at times downright grueling, Jordan Desner said. But a settlement was reached, Desner and he signed a new lease Tuesday.
Now, Desner will be seeing to it that seats, flooring, speakers, digital projectors, equipment, new concession stands and more are installed.
"We have five weeks to get open," he said.
The only variable now, Desner noted, is when the seats – leather rockers from China – arrive. But, he says, he is “under contract” to have the digital projectors showing movies by April 30. That’s why he is aiming for that April 26 date – the last Friday of the month.
"We're just excited to open the theater for Port Washington residents and give them a great theater they can be proud of – everything is brand new," Desner said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article. Clearview continues to operate the Port Washington Cinemas, a short distance away.
To see what's playing at the theater, check out their Showtimes page for movie listings and times!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.