Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- How the President Watches Movies - The White House Family Theater [10/1]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Taking Over IMAX Theaters for 4 Weeks [9/2]
- Sony Changed "Concussion" to Avoid Issues with the NFL - NY Times [9/2]
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board has released its 2013 lineup for its "Movies in the Park" series, where you can watch some classic favorites, free, under the stars in parks around the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.
Over 60 movies will be shown from June 7 through August 24, 2013, organized by themes, such as "Always Favorite" and "Minnesota Connections." Movies start 15 minutes after sunset and are subject to the weather (remember the "under the stars" part).
To give you an idea of their selections, here is the first week's schedule:
|Friday, June 07, 2013||Always Favorite||Ferris Bueller's Day Off||Lake Harriet Bandshell|
|Saturday, June 08, 2013||Action Adventures||Rocky||Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr|
|Monday, June 10, 2013||New Release||The Avengers||Van Cleve Park|
|Tuesday, June 11, 2013||B&W||Casablanca||Father Hennepin Bluffs|
|Wednesday, June 12, 2013||Always Favorite||The Princess Bride||Powderhorn Park|
|Thursday, June 13, 2013||Viewer's Choice||VIEWER'S CHOICE: For the Family||Victory Memorial Drive|
The Music and Movies in the Park web site has the complete details, including a downloadable schedule.
According to the web site, the Movies in the Parks series began in 2007 as a way for the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board to provide free entertainment to residents in their neighborhoods.
Have You Attended Movies in the Park?
Have you gone to one of these events in the past? Let us know how it was by leaving a comment below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.