Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "10 Cloverfield Lane" Coming to Blu-ray June 14, 2016 [5/25]
- Tina Fey's "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" Coming to Blu-ray June 28, 2016 [5/17]
- Universal Pictures Commits to Ultra HD Blu-ray Releases Starting in Summer 2016 [4/20]
- "Joy" Coming to Blu-ray, Ultra HD Blu-ray, and DVD on May 3, 2016 [3/8]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Comes to Home Video in April 2016 [3/3]
- "Daddy's Home" Coming to Blu-ray March 22, 2016 with DTS:X Soundtrack [2/29]
- "The Big Short" Coming to Home Video March 15, 2016 [2/18]
- Ultra HD Blu-ray Movies and Samsung's Player Starting to Appear [2/17]
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Announces First Round of Movies to Be Released on Ultra HD Blu-ray [12/30]
- "Crimson Peak" Coming to Blu-ray February 9, 2016 with DTS:X Soundtrack [12/8]
Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com is offering a $20 discount on their popular Kindle Fire HD 7" tablet until Sunday, May 12, 2013, which makes it a great Mother's Day gift!
At 7", it's smaller than the larger Kindle Fire HD 8.9", and the larger iPad (and about an inch smaller than the iPad Mini), but that means that it will fit many places that a larger tablet cannot go.
I have personal experience with the Kindle Fire HD and the first two things you'll notice when watching movies on it is the quality of the screen and the quality of the sound. The picture quality is on par with that of the iPad with Retina Display (albeit in a 1280x800 package), but the sound coming through the Fire HD's stereo speakers is better than the mono speaker in the iPad.
The Kindle Fire HD isn't a head-to-head competitor for the iPad, as I think it serves a different target. If the Mom in your life enjoys reading books, watching movies and TV shows and listening to music (especially when purchased through Amazon.com in the first place), and she likes to have access to the Internet and the wide variety of apps that are available, the Kindle Fire HD is a great value, especially at this reduced price!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.