Remove ads with our VIP Service
- UEC Theatres 9 Tooele
Add Your Comments
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
- AMC Theatres to Install IMAX in 11 Locations in Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix [8/19]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar Reopens [8/18]
- West Melbourne, FL: Grand Opening of Carmike West Melbourne 12 on August 13, 2014 [8/11]
The Westates Theatres Tooele Cinema 6 in Tooele, Utah has been purchased by United Entertainment Corp., according to a press release issued by that company today.
While the company operates movie theaters in 13 locations in eight states, this is their first in Utah. Upgrades are planned for the location, including adding three more screens later this year.
The full press release appears below.
UEC Theatres Purchases Cinema 6 in Tooele, Utah
February 3, 2011
United Entertainment Corp. (UEC) today announced the acquisition of Tooele Cinema 6 located at 1600 North Pine Canyon Road in Tooele, Utah. The six-screen theatre will be the Company’s first in Utah. The transaction was completed on February 3rd, 2011.
UEC Theatres now operates 124 screens at 14 locations across nine states.
The company plans to expand the complex by adding three additional all-stadium auditoriums within the next year. This will bring the total number of screens to nine. Other select auditoriums will be converted to stadium seating as well.
In addition, UEC plans on modernizing the facility to enhance the big screen movie experience. Besides stadium seating, some of these improvements will include new state of the art seats, new digital projectors and an expanded concession menu.
Mike Ross, President of UEC, said, “We are excited to be taking over the theatre. UEC plans to be a positive part of the Tooele community for many years to come.”
UEC, headquartered in St. Cloud, Minnesota, owns and operates a chain of movie theatres and video stores throughout the United States. The Company mission is to provide high quality entertainment at reasonable prices to the markets it serves. UEC takes pride in bringing the magic of the movies to communities.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.