Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
- Saint Charles, IL: Improvements Coming to Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18 [2/26]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Coming to Foothills Mall [2/26]
- Glen Burnie, MD: UA Marley Station 8 Closed [2/26]
- Willoughby Hills, OH: Big Cinemas Phoenix Willoughby Hills Closed [2/24]
- Ridgefield, CT: Prospector Theater Offers Movies Ahead of Its Opening [2/24]
- Largo, FL: AMC Tri-City 8 Closed January 19, 2014 [2/17]
The Coyote Drive-In in Fort Worth, Texas opened Friday, May 10, 2013. It's the only drive-in located in Fort Worth, and the urban location provides the screens with the skyline as a backdrop. It sits on 15 acres of land owned by the Tarrant Regional Water District.
According to an article published the day before it opened, two of the theater's screens measure 90'x60' and a third measures 60'x54', although we're not sure about that last figure, as that would result in a nearly-square screen. Good for projecting Casablanca, but not so good for contemporary widescreen fare.
This opening presents Fort Worth moviegoers with a unique opportunity. The closest drive-ins to the Coyote's location are the Brazos Drive-In in Granbury (36 miles away) and the Galaxy Drive In Theatre in Ennis (49 miles away).
We're expecting to have their showtimes listed soon, so head over to their Showtimes page and check for the latest updates!
Have You Been to the Coyote Drive-In?
If you've been to this new drive-in, please let other readers know what you think by leaving a message on the theater's Reader Comments page!
Related News Articles
Under the stars, patrons at Fort Worth’s Coyote Drive-In are in heaven -- Dallas Morning News [May 9, 2013]
Fort Worth’s Coyote Drive-In opens under the stars (Photos) -- Star-Telegram [May 7, 2013]
Fort Worth Drive-In Closer to Opening (Video) -- NBC 5 [Mar 22, 2013]
Drive-in theater won't open in Fort Worth until the spring -- Star-Telegram [Oct 13, 2012]
Opening of Trinity Uptown drive-in theater delayed -- Star-Telegram [May 10, 2012]
Coyote Theaters to install Fort Worth drive-in -- TCU 360 [Mar 6, 2012]
Drive-in theater along Trinity gets go-ahead -- Star-Telegram [Feb 22, 2012]
Drive-in theater proposed for site near LaGrave Field in Fort Worth -- Star-Telegram [Feb 17, 2012]
Time Lapse Video
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.