Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cinemark Mall St. Matthews & XD
Add Your Comments
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
- Beloit, WI: Luxury 10 Cinemas Gets New Owner [6/30]
The Cinemark Mall St. Matthews & XD in Louisville, Kentucky opens today with showings of new releases, such as Star Trek Into Darkness, The Great Gatsby, and Iron Man 3. The 10-screen theater features 4K Digital Cinema Projection systems in every auditorium (we're not sure if every auditorium is 4K or not), with five capable of 3D presentations, and one of Cinemark's big-screen concept XD auditoriums. Two auditoriums will offer reserved seating. The theater has been designed using Cinemark's "NextGen" design concepts.
"This new Cinemark theatre will be the perfect complement to our popular Tinseltown location,” states Tim Warner, Cinemark's Chief Executive Officer. "We’ve had a wonderful relationship with the Louisville community for many years and this new high-tech theatre featuring Cinemark XD and NextGen auditoriums continues to show our commitment to creating the best entertainment experience."
Along with traditional snacks at the concession stand (they serve Coke products), a bar in the lobby will serve beer and wine to guests.
Grand Opening Promotions
The first 100 ticket-buying customers on Friday and Saturday (5/17/13 & 5/18/13) will receive a free Cinemark goodie bag with branded items and movie-related giveaways.
To find out what's playing at the Cinemark Mall St. Matthews & XD, head over to their Showtimes page! The presentations in the XD auditorium are marked as such in the notes that appear beneath the showtimes in the right-most column of the showtimes display.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Related News Articles
- Corn popping, reels rolling in St. Matthews at new Cinemark theater -- WHAS Channel 11 [May 16, 2013]
- Extreme tech and summer blockbusters: Cinemark Next Gen movie theater opens Thursday at Mall St. Matthews -- InsiderLouisville.com [May 15, 2013]
- New Cinemark theater at Mall St. Matthews prepares for opening, slide show -- Business First [May 14, 2013]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.