Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Cortez, CO: Photos Added for Allen Theatres - Fiesta Twin Cinema [9/1]
- "Masterminds" Release Date Uncertain [8/11]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Terminator Genisys" [6/29]
- Check out the Trailer for "Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials" [5/19]
- New Photos Added for "Hot Pursuit" [5/6]
- 40 New Photos and the Latest Trailer Added for "Mad Max: Fury Road" [5/1]
- Check Out the Upcoming LEGO Movie Release Dates [4/21]
- "Pan" Moves to October 2015 [4/21]
- Watch the New Teaser Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" [4/16]
- Lots of New Videos Added for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Including the World Premiere on April 13, 2015 [4/14]
Clearview's Allwood Cinema 6 in Clifton, New Jersey is due to close June 9, 2013, but is expected to be reopened again by a new owner, according to an article published May 17, 2013:
The Clifton Journal reported May 10 that the Allwood Cinema 6 would be having its final showings on June 9, but Jeff Cupo, president of Crest Management & Development that manages the 96 Market St. property, said a new theater group will keep the reels turning after taking over and sprucing up the place.
Not wanting to steal the thunder from an upcoming announcement, Cupo said he would not reveal the name of the new owner, but did say this is long-term group that owns many theaters across the country.
"I don’t know exactly what the new vendor is planning to do," Cupo said, "but they are talking about improving everything."
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The movie theater is currently operated by Clearview Cinemas, which was recently acquired by Bow Tie Cinemas. Such closures are common after acquisitions, as the new owner starts closing underperforming theaters that were part of the larger deal but not worth continuing to operate (in their judgement). It's great news that a new owner will be taking over, and doing renovations as well. Hopefully, the closure will be brief!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.