Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Starplex Brunswick Square 13
East Brunswick, NJ
- Edgewater Multiplex Cinemas
- AMC Starplex Ridgefield Park 12
Ridgefield Park, NJ
Add Your Comments
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
- Bloomington, MN: Theatres at Mall of America Closing December 28, 2016 [12/23]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Mueller Planning for Early 2017 Opening [12/23]
The AMC Loews Ridgefield Park 12 in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey closed May 10, 2013 and has been sold to Starplex Cinemas, according to an article published in The Record:
One theater that unexpectedly closed last week — AMC Loews Ridgefield Park 12 — will reopen in September as Starplex Cinemas, with about $5 million of renovations that include leather reclining seats; possibly a bar; floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall screens, and surround sound, said Starplex Marketing Director Traci Hoey.
The change in Ridgefield Park comes after another chain, Chatham-based Clearview Cinemas, was bought by a smaller company, Bow Tie Cinemas, and as movie theaters across the country face the expensive challenges of equipping aging theaters with the latest digital technology and theater amenities.
To help modernize the 85,000-square-foot Ridgefield Park facility, Dallas-based Starplex is considering reducing the number of screens to 10 from 12 to make one extra-large screen, Hoey said.
"It's going to be a great experience," Hoey said.
The state-of-the-art theater will be similar to Starplex's other New Jersey location in East Brunswick, which has seen success with its leather, electronic recliner seats, café-style concessions, party packages and affordable pricing ($8.50 for an adult after 6 p.m.), Hoey said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.