Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- SIFF Cinema at the Egyptian Theatre
Add Your Comments
- Lynchburg, VA: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [11/27]
- Longmont, CO: Regal Village at the Peaks 12 & RPX Now Open [11/27]
- Superior, WI: Marcus Superior Value Cinema to Close December 6, 2015 [11/27]
- Greenfield, WI: Silver Cinemas - Budget South Closed [11/24]
- Bakersfield, CA: IMAX Coming to Reading Cinemas Valley Plaza 16 [11/23]
- Pagedale, MO: 24:1 Cinema Now Open [11/23]
- Wentzville, MO: B & B Wentzville Tower 12 Now Open [11/23]
- Princeton, NJ: AMC Marketfair 10 Now Open [11/23]
- Tacoma, WA: Century Point Ruston and XD Now Open [11/19]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in Dolby Cinema [11/17]
The Landmark Egyptian Theatre in Seattle, Washington will close on June 27, 2013, according to an article published in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer:
The Egyptian Theater – Capitol Hill’s storied art house cinema – will close later in June, owner Landmark Theatres announced Monday.
Screens at the 98-year-old theater will go dark June 27, a Landmark spokesperson said. What comes next for the Egyptian remains an open question.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The theater's closing is also announced on Landmark's web site, which says:
Thursday, June 27 will be the last day of business for Landmark Theatres as operator of the Egyptian Theatre. Landmark, and the Egyptian management and staff in particular, extend thanks to our customers and friends over the years; we've loved entertaining you there. Landmark will continue its commitment in the Seattle area to present quality moviegoing experiences with a focus on independent and foreign film, and we'll see you at our other venues: the Harvard Exit Theatre, the Guild 45th Theatre, the Seven Gables Theatre, the Varsity Theatre and the Crest Cinema Center.
Fortunately, there are many options within a short distance for moviegoers in the area. Our Nearby Theaters list shows 25 other movie theaters within five miles.
Related News Articles
- It’s curtains for Seattle’s Egyptian Theatre -- Seattle Times [Jun 19, 2013]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.