Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cinebarre Issaquah 8
- Regal Issaquah Highlands Stadium 12 IMAX & RPX
- Cinebarre Mountlake 8
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Add Your Comments
- New Caney, TX: Cinemark Movie Theater Coming to Valley Ranch Town Center [10/26]
- Stafford, VA: Regal Aquia 10 Closed [10/21]
- Brooklyn, NY: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Downtown Brooklyn Opening October 28, 2016 [10/19]
- Kapolei, HI: Luxury Movie Theater Opening at Ka Makana Ali'i on October 21, 2016 [10/17]
- J.K. Rowling Says There Will Be Five "Fantastic Beasts" Movies [10/13]
- Oak Brook, IL: AMC Oakbrook Center 12 Opens [10/13]
- Abingdon, VA: Moonlite Drive-In Theatre Plans Revival [10/10]
- Pikesville, MD: Pikes Theatre Closed [10/9]
- Goodyear, AZ: Harkins Estrella Falls 16 Opening October 13, 2016 [10/4]
- Country Club Hills, IL: Marcus Country Club Hills Cinema To Open October 14, 2016 [10/4]
The Regal Issaquah Highlands Stadium 12 IMAX & RPX in Issaquah, Washington will open to the public July 2, 2013, according to a press release issued by Regal Entertainment Group recently.
As is customary with new theaters, there will be some preview events leading up to the grand opening so that the staff can iron out the kinks in their processes. From June 29 - July 1, guests will enjoy $2 admission to movies with some charities benefitting from the proceeds. On Saturday, June 29th, there will be food-themed movies and it will benefit the Issaquah Food Bank. Sunday June 30th will feature book-related movies that benefit Newspapers in Education. The ArtsFund of Seattle will benefit from superhero-inspired movies on Monday, July 1st.
“It is always a pleasure to give back to local charities during a theatre’s grand opening. The activities add to our celebration and are representative of our role as a new community gathering place,” says Ken Thewes, chief marketing officer for Regal Entertainment Group. “Giving back to community organizations is another way we are able to show our gratitude for the loyal patronage from so many Pacific Northwest moviegoers.”
The official grand opening will be held July 2nd at 7pm with first-run features. Moviegoers will enjoy free popcorn and soft drinks with each paid admission from July 2 - 11.
The Issaquah Highlands theater will have both an IMAX auditorium and a Regal Premium Experience (RPX) auditorium. Both offer an upgraded experience in exchange for an upcharge on the admission price.
The theater also will offer the Sony Entertainment Access System, which assists those who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or low vision. Specially designed glasses provide closed-captioned text for both 2D and 3D movies, and a wireless receiver and headset allows listening to descriptive audio tracks. This system allows moviegoers with these needs to enjoy movies without special shows or seating. The equipment can be requested at the Guest Services counter or from a manager. Shows with this capability will be identified in the showtimes as "Accessibility devices available."
This theater is just a 10-minute drive from the Regal Issaquah 9 Theatres, and according to an article in the Issaquah Press, that theater will close when this one opens. The article predicts that the Issaquah 9 will be turned into a Cinebarre location, which combines restaurant dining and movie watching. Cinebarre, LLC. is a partnership between Regal Entertainment Group and the former head of Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas. The closest Cinebarre location is the Cinebarre Mountlake Terrace. Regal would not comment on that speculation, however.
Source: Regal Entertainment Group Press Release. The photo above is copyright © Regal Entertainment Group.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.