Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Showcase SuperLux
Chestnut Hill, MA
Add Your Comments
- New Caney, TX: Cinemark Movie Theater Coming to Valley Ranch Town Center [10/26]
- Stafford, VA: Regal Aquia 10 Closed [10/21]
- Brooklyn, NY: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Downtown Brooklyn Opening October 28, 2016 [10/19]
- Kapolei, HI: Luxury Movie Theater Opening at Ka Makana Ali'i on October 21, 2016 [10/17]
- J.K. Rowling Says There Will Be Five "Fantastic Beasts" Movies [10/13]
- Oak Brook, IL: AMC Oakbrook Center 12 Opens [10/13]
- Abingdon, VA: Moonlite Drive-In Theatre Plans Revival [10/10]
- Pikesville, MD: Pikes Theatre Closed [10/9]
- Goodyear, AZ: Harkins Estrella Falls 16 Opening October 13, 2016 [10/4]
- Country Club Hills, IL: Marcus Country Club Hills Cinema To Open October 14, 2016 [10/4]
The Showcase SuperLux in Chestnut Hill, Massachussetts opened to the public June 11, 2013. According to a press release issued by National Amusements, Inc. recently, the new theater is "defined by ultimate comfort, first-class amenities and concierge-level customer service features designed to elevate the traditional moviegoing experience."
“National Amusements is committed to driving innovation across the cinema industry by consistently introducing new technologies and luxurious features for our customers,” said President Shari Redstone. “Building on the success of our Cinema de Lux model, Showcase SuperLux introduces the next level of service and style to offer moviegoers an unparalleled experience.”
The Showcase SuperLux has six auditoriums with two different seating and pricing choices, SuperLux and LuxLite. Both offer reserved seating in leather armchairs and at-your-seat dining service. SuperLux buyers have access to servers throughout the movie via in-seat call buttons, free popcorn, and power chairs. Dining options are described as restaurant-quality, ranging from appetizers and salads, to entrees, and finishing with handcrafted desserts. Wine, beer, and cocktails are available. For those with simpler tastes, the classic theater popcorn and candy choices are also offered.
The SuperLux cocktail lounge and the 250-seat Davio's Cucina Restaurant on the premises serve moviegoers and non-moviegoers alike. The lounge serves signature offerings from Bar Chef Kathy Casey and small plates by Chef Sean McDonald, and the restaurant offers cuisine from Boston's Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse in a relaxed environment.
For shows before 6pm, guests of all ages are welcome in the LuxLite seating and persons 14 and under must be accompanied by someone 18 or over. After 6pm, the SuperLux seats are for those 21 and over, and those under 14 must be accompanied by someone 18+ in the LuxLite seating.
The luxury experience will set you back more than the price of a ticket at a traditional multiplex, however. Whereas an adult evening ticket for a 2D showing of Man of Steel costs $12 at the Regal Fenway 13, it will cost $20 for a LuxLite ticket and $28 for SuperLux. This is not out of line for other theaters around the country that offer upscale moviegoing/dining experiences, but those already concerned about the price of going to a movie will need to be prepared to spend more than they're used to spending for a night at the movies.
To see what's playing at the Showcase SuperLux, please visit their Showtimes page!
Have You Visited the New Showcase SuperLux?
Please leave comments about your experience on the theater's Reader Comments page!
Related News Articles
- Let there be Lux: New Showcase concept combines fine food and film -- Film Journal International [Jun 18, 2013]
- The luxe life goes to movies -- The Boston Globe [Jun 14, 2013]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.