Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker 
- Aliens 
- Antwone Fisher 
- Catch a Fire 
- The Departed 
- Friday Night Lights 
- Mummy Double-Feature 
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 
- Running With Scissors 
- Saw 
- Saw II 
- Saw III 
Add Your Comments
- Bonita Springs, FL: Prado Stadium 12 Featured in Spotlight Magazines [3/4]
- Note Added to "Noah" Explaining That It's Not a Documentary [2/28]
- Buy One Oscar Nominee Ticket at AMC, Get One Free (conditions apply) [2/10]
- Barnes & Noble Stores Hosting Events Tied to "The LEGO Movie" [1/21]
- Entertainment Weekly Interviews Ben Affleck About "Gone Girl" [11/24]
- See a 5-Minute Clip for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Before "Thor: The Dark World 3D" [10/23]
- High-Def Digest Reviews "The Wizard of Oz: An IMAX 3D Experience" at the Newly Remodeled TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX in Hollywood [9/24]
- 20th Century Fox to Distribute Jesus Christ Movie 'Son of God' [9/12]
- Newton, IA: Valle Drive-In Wants Your Vote for a Free Digital Projector [8/23]
- Hollywood, CA: See "The Little Mermaid 3D" at El Capitan Starting Sept. 20th [8/22]
Personally, my favorite scary movie is a tie between ALIENS and A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. They don't make them much better than this, so if you haven't seen them, do yourself a favor and rent or buy them soon! I wouldn't necessarily recommend them as a double-feature, but each is very good in its own right and well worth your time!
If scary comedy is more your style, the Marcus Cinema in Saukville, Wisc. is showing a double feature tonight of Brendan Fraser's THE MUMMY and THE MUMMY RETURNS. These were very enjoyable movies, and a surprise to many, so seeing them up on the big screen with a crowd that is ready to have some fun with it might be a good way to spend a little over 4 hours.
Another movie released today that is getting some last minute publicity is CATCH A FIRE with Tim Robbins and Derek Luke. Our Featured Movie Critic liked it, largely due to the performance of Derek Luke (ANTWONE FISHER, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS).
Additionally, we have RUNNING WITH SCISSORS with Annette Bening and the wider release of ALEX RIDER: OPERATION STORMBREAKER.
I had the chance to see THE DEPARTED this week, and there is no doubt that this movie left an impact. Martin Scorcese makes movies like few others, and the only problem I'm having is figuring out what to say in my reader review. It's gotten nothing but "See Now!" reviews from other BigScreen readers, and our Featured Movie Critic liked it a lot. If you haven't had a chance to see it, make some time. I think you'll be glad you did.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.