Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker 
- Aliens 
- Antwone Fisher 
- Catch a Fire 
- The Departed 
- Friday Night Lights 
- Mummy Double-Feature 
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 
- Running With Scissors 
- Saw 
- Saw II 
- Saw III 
Add Your Comments
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
Personally, my favorite scary movie is a tie between ALIENS and A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. They don't make them much better than this, so if you haven't seen them, do yourself a favor and rent or buy them soon! I wouldn't necessarily recommend them as a double-feature, but each is very good in its own right and well worth your time!
If scary comedy is more your style, the Marcus Cinema in Saukville, Wisc. is showing a double feature tonight of Brendan Fraser's THE MUMMY and THE MUMMY RETURNS. These were very enjoyable movies, and a surprise to many, so seeing them up on the big screen with a crowd that is ready to have some fun with it might be a good way to spend a little over 4 hours.
Another movie released today that is getting some last minute publicity is CATCH A FIRE with Tim Robbins and Derek Luke. Our Featured Movie Critic liked it, largely due to the performance of Derek Luke (ANTWONE FISHER, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS).
Additionally, we have RUNNING WITH SCISSORS with Annette Bening and the wider release of ALEX RIDER: OPERATION STORMBREAKER.
I had the chance to see THE DEPARTED this week, and there is no doubt that this movie left an impact. Martin Scorcese makes movies like few others, and the only problem I'm having is figuring out what to say in my reader review. It's gotten nothing but "See Now!" reviews from other BigScreen readers, and our Featured Movie Critic liked it a lot. If you haven't had a chance to see it, make some time. I think you'll be glad you did.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.