Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker 
- Aliens 
- Antwone Fisher 
- Catch a Fire 
- The Departed 
- Friday Night Lights 
- Mummy Double-Feature 
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 
- Running With Scissors 
- Saw 
- Saw II 
- Saw III 
Add Your Comments
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
- "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Teaser Trailer Now Available Ahead of Schedule After It Leaked [10/23]
- The Death of Physical Media is Far From Imminent [10/1]
- Los Angeles, CA: New Beverly Cinema Bucks the Digital Cinema Trend and Goes 35mm Only [9/9]
- Bill Murray Suggests Leads for All-Female "Ghostbusters" Movie [9/9]
- "Toy Story that Time Forgot" Coming to ABC in December 2014 [7/25]
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
- Chicago, IL: Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (LMNA) Announces Chicago Location [6/25]
Personally, my favorite scary movie is a tie between ALIENS and A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. They don't make them much better than this, so if you haven't seen them, do yourself a favor and rent or buy them soon! I wouldn't necessarily recommend them as a double-feature, but each is very good in its own right and well worth your time!
If scary comedy is more your style, the Marcus Cinema in Saukville, Wisc. is showing a double feature tonight of Brendan Fraser's THE MUMMY and THE MUMMY RETURNS. These were very enjoyable movies, and a surprise to many, so seeing them up on the big screen with a crowd that is ready to have some fun with it might be a good way to spend a little over 4 hours.
Another movie released today that is getting some last minute publicity is CATCH A FIRE with Tim Robbins and Derek Luke. Our Featured Movie Critic liked it, largely due to the performance of Derek Luke (ANTWONE FISHER, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS).
Additionally, we have RUNNING WITH SCISSORS with Annette Bening and the wider release of ALEX RIDER: OPERATION STORMBREAKER.
I had the chance to see THE DEPARTED this week, and there is no doubt that this movie left an impact. Martin Scorcese makes movies like few others, and the only problem I'm having is figuring out what to say in my reader review. It's gotten nothing but "See Now!" reviews from other BigScreen readers, and our Featured Movie Critic liked it a lot. If you haven't had a chance to see it, make some time. I think you'll be glad you did.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.