Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Blood Diamond 
Add Your Comments
- New Photos Added for "Monster Trucks" [1/9]
- New Photos Added for "Fences" [12/16]
- Watch Emma Watson in the Trailer for "The Circle" - Photos Added [12/7]
- New Videos and Photos Added for "Passengers" [12/6]
- Trailer and Photos Added for "The Shack" [12/5]
- Watch the Trailer for Tom Cruise's "The Mummy" - 12 Photos Added [12/5]
- New Videos Added for "Assassin's Creed" [12/4]
- Watch the New Teaser Trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" [12/4]
- Buy Tickets for "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" Now! [11/28]
- Get $2 off 4 or More Movie Tickets at Fandango - Expires Nov 21, 2016 [11/11]
The release date for "Blood Diamond" starring Leonardo DiCaprio has been moved up from its original December 15, 2006 release date to December 8th.
Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution for Warner Bros. Pictures stated, "We have seen the positive buzz on the film building, so it made sense to put it up on screens as early as possible to take advantage of what promises to be excellent word-of-mouth. We also want to give Academy and guild members every opportunity to see Blood Diamond on the big screen in anticipation of a very competitive awards season."
Set against the backdrop of the chaos and civil war that enveloped 1990s Sierra Leone, Blood Diamond is the story of Danny Archer (Leonardo DiCaprio), a South African mercenary, and Solomon Vandy (Djimon Hounsou), a Mende fisherman. Both men are African, but their histories and their circumstances are as different as any can be--until their fates become joined in a common quest to recover a rare pink diamond that can transform their lives.
While in prison for smuggling, Archer learns that Solomon--who was taken from his family and forced to work in the diamond fields--has found and hidden the extraordinary rough stone. With the help of Maddy Bowen (Jennifer Connelly), an American journalist whose idealism is tempered by a deepening connection with Archer, the two men embark on a trek through rebel territory. More than a search for a valuable diamond, the journey could save Solomon's family and give Archer the second chance he thought he would never have.
Click the Read link below for more information on the movie.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.