Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Showcase Cinemas Bridgeport
- Showcase Cinema de Lux Legacy Place
- Showcase Cinema de Lux Patriot Place
- Showcase Cinemas Lawrence 7-14
- Showcase Cinema de Lux Lowell
- Blackstone Valley 14: Cinema de Lux
- Showcase Cinemas North Attleboro
North Attleborough, MA
- Showcase Cinema de Lux Randolph
- Showcase Cinema de Lux Revere
- Showcase Cinemas Woburn
- Showcase Cinemas Worcester North
- Carmike Town Center 10
East Windsor, NJ
- Edgewater Multiplex Cinemas
- Linden Boulevard Multiplex Cinemas
- Greenburgh Multiplex Cinemas
- Farmingdale Multiplex Cinemas
- Broadway Multiplex Cinemas
- Island 16: Cinema de Lux
- Jamaica Multiplex Cinemas
- City Center 15: Cinema De Lux
White Plains, NY
- College Point Multiplex Cinemas
- Showcase Cinema de Lux Ridge Hill
- Springdale 18: Cinema de Lux
- Showcase Cinemas Warwick
- Showcase Cinemas Warwick Mall
Add Your Comments
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
15th Annual Reading Program at Showcase, Showcase Cinema de Lux and Multiplex Cinemas Lets Kids Escape The Heat For Free!
NORWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--National Amusements, Inc., a world leader in the motion picture exhibition industry, today announced that its annual summer reading program will continue this year with fun rewards to encourage children to read throughout the summer.
Bookworm Wednesdays is a five-week program that advocates literacy by offering free admission to a select family film every Wednesday at 10 a.m. when children present a book report at a participating theatre box office. Adults and children under the age of six who accompany a participant also receive free admission. Children who wish to participate but are not yet reading on their own are encouraged to draw a picture about a story an adult has recently read to them.
Bookworm Wednesdays will run from July 10 through August 7, with a recent hit family movie showing each week. There are twenty-five participating locations across Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Ohio. To download the book report form and see a full listing of locations and films visit: http://www.showcasecinemas.com/programs/kids-and-families/bookwormwed.
“We’re very proud of our Bookworm Wednesdays program, now in its 15th year, and are excited to once again encourage and reward kids for digging into a great book,” said Elaine Purdy, vice president of U.S. marketing and studio relations at National Amusements. “The whole family can enjoy the benefit of keeping their children’s minds active, and enjoy a fun day out at the movies.”
As part of the program, a weekly prize drawing will be held at each participating theatre. Two winners will randomly be selected from that day’s submitted book reports. Each winner will receive a new book and a pair of movie tickets.
Bookworm Wednesdays 2013 Movie Schedule
|Wednesday, July 10|
|Wednesday, July 17|
Wednesday, July 24
Wednesday, July 31
|Wednesday, August 7|
ABOUT SHOWCASE CINEMAS:
Showcase Cinemas is a world leader in the motion picture exhibition industry operating more than 950 screens in the U.S., U.K. and Latin America. Showcase Cinemas delivers a superior entertainment experience in theatres around the world under its Showcase, Multiplex and Cinema de Lux brands. Based in Norwood, Massachusetts, National Amusements is a closely held company operating under the third generation of leadership by the Redstone family. Showcase Cinemas is also an equal partner in the online ticketing service, MovieTickets.com, and is the parent company of both Viacom and CBS Corporation. For more information, please visit www.showcasecinemas.com.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.