Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Asheville, NC: UA Beaucatcher Cinemas 7 Closed [1/20]
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
The Regal Delray Beach 18 in Delray Beach, Florida will be closing soon, according to an article published recently in the Sun Sentinel:
The smell of movie popcorn won't be coming from the Regal Delray Beach 18 theater much longer.
The movie theater located at 1660 S. Federal Highway is closing it's doors, and an LA Fitness is slated to open in its place.
The question is when.
For now, the theater remains open for moviegoers.
"Our status has not changed, said Russ Nunley, vice president of marketing and communications of Regal Entertainment Group. "We operate the theater and look forward to continuing operating there."
He said any change of tenants is decided by Ramco-Gershenson, the landlord of the Plaza of Delray, where the theater is located.
A property brochure on Ramco-Gershenson's website shows the LA Fitness as the tenant where the theater currently stands. No one from the company could be reached for comment Thursday.
The ousting of the theater by the gym isn't something that came up overnight.
"We have approved plans for the LA Fitness Center to demolish the existing Regal Cinemas," said Candi Jefferson, a senior planner with Delray's Planning and Zoning Department.
She said the gym appeared before the Site Plan Review and Appearance Board on Feb. 27 with a plan to demolish the cinema and build its facility.
On April 22, the gym received the green light to carry out its demolition plans by receiving a site plan certification.
She said the business is currently in the building permit process, and construction can begin at any time.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.