Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Lakeline in Austin, Texas will open on Monday, July 22, 2013, according to an announcement recently by the company. The opening of the ten-screen theater also marks the closing of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Lake Creek nearby after the last movies play on July 21st.
"I built the original Lake Creek Alamo with my own two hands," said Tim League, Alamo Drafthouse CEO and Founder. "I am excited that more skilled craftsmen than myself have replaced it with a brand new state-of-the-art cinema for the neighborhood."
The new theater will celebrate its opening with a week of theme-based programming. Since its lobby has an ape theme, they are inviting customers to dress in gorilla/ape suits, masks, and "other primate accessories" for a screening of Planet of the Apes. Other programming will be held as follows:
Tuesday, 7/23 at 7:00pm – Fantastic Fest Presents: THE HOST
Thursday, 7/25 at 7:00pm – Girlie Night Presents THE SPECTACULAR NOW
Friday, 7/26 at 7:15pm – PLANET OF THE APES
Saturday, 7/27 at 10:30am – Alamo Drafthouse and KLRU co-present CURIOUS GEORGE Family Red Carpet Event
Saturday, 7/27 at 11:30am - TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Pizza Party with Ernie Reyes
Saturday, 7/27 at 3:00pm – Alamo Drafthouse and Ain’t It Cool News co-present Edgar Wright’s Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy: SHAUN OF THE DEAD, HOT FUZZ, & THE WORLD’S END w/ Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost
Sunday, 7/28 at 6:00pm – Joel Hodgson Live: RIFFING MYSELF
Sunday, 7/28 at 8:30pm – Meet & Greet w/ Joel Hodgson
Sunday, 7/28 at 10:00pm – Master Pancake: MYSTERY SHOW w/ Joel Hodgson
To see what other movies are playing at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Lakeline, check out their Showtimes page and make your plans!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.