Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
Back in 2001, the Bayshore Mall announced a major remodeling project headed by Steiner + Associates, a developer of "town centers" around the country. That project is now coming to fruition in the form of the Bayshore Town Center, a large "lifestyle" shopping center that combines living spaces with shopping.
Back on July 21st, I mentioned that the developers of the Bayshore Town Center were pushing for the development to include a movie theater. Now that the Bayshore Town Center is getting ready for its big debut on Thursday, it's being reported that the complex will indeed include a movie theater. One big difference between their plan and the typical multiplex is that, according to JSOnline, there will only be six screens and that there will be some unique features:
Steiner expects to announce soon the name of an operator for the entertainment complex in the rotunda, which is attached to the existing Bayshore building. The complex will include upscale bowling lanes and a high-end six-screen theater.
The movie theater will admit only people over age 18 and will include a full-service restaurant. The theater complex will have a total of only 500 seats, double-wide and comfortably spaced.
"It's almost like private screening rooms," Rosenberg said. Prices will be upscale too, about $2 higher than the average movie ticket in the area.
Click the Read link below for the full story.
According to another article written in the North Shore Herald on September 29, 2006 and reprinted in a special insert by Community Newspapers on October 27, 2006, the plan is for these theaters to serve a high-end product to "higher-end clientele."
The theaters will seat from 48 to 82 people per theater, and would feature assigned seating in six-foot-wide love seats. It is hoped that the theaters will be rented during the week for business meetings.
These theaters will be within walking distance of the Fox Bay Cinema Grill, which offers a combination of dinner and a movie on three screens.
The theaters, as well as the luxury bowling lanes, will be located in the second floor of the rotunda, the main entrance to the Town Center. According to Steiner + Associates, the theaters are likely to open in January 2007.
Thanks to reader Ron H. for sending me the link to the JSOnline article!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.