Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Carmike Stonybrook 20 + IMAX
- Kentucky Science Center Theater
- AMC Newport On The Levee 20
- Carmike Ritz 16
- Carmike Hickory Creek 16
Hickory Creek, TX
- Larchmont, NY: Bow Tie Larchmont Playhouse Closed [9/26]
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
Carmike Cinemas has signed an agreement to purchase three movie theaters from Cinemark USA, Inc., according to a press release issued recently. The three theaters were purchased by Cinemark from Rave Cinemas in November 2012 as part of a 32-theater deal, and include the following:
- Rave Cinemas Stonybrook 20 + IMAX - Louisville, Kentucky
- Rave Cinemas Ritz Center - Voorhees, New Jersey
- Rave Cinemas Hickory Creek 16 - Hickory Creek, Texas
One would hope that those locations didn't order too many Cinemark-branded cups...
Carmike also purchased 16 locations from Rave Cinemas last October, so they are no stranger to converting the brand, locations, and programs to the Carmike way of doing things.
Carmike Cinemas President and Chief Executive Officer David Passman stated:
"Following up Carmike's successful 251-screen Rave acquisition late last year with an additional purchase of three cutting-edge theatre locations from Cinemark is another important step for our organization as we move toward our 3,000 screen target. We continue to actively pursue attractive transactions as we expand our growing circuit."
Carmike currently owns and/or operates nearly 250 locations in the United States. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but they expect it to be completed in the third quarter, subject to the usual regulatory approvals and closing conditions.
The Stonybrook location has an IMAX screen at this time, and the press release made it sound as though it will be converted to one of Carmike's BigD big-screen concept auditoriums. If that is the case, the closest IMAX theater that would show mainstream movies (as opposed to documentary-based movies shown by the likes of IMAX - Louisville Science Center) will be about 100 miles away in the Cincinnati area at the AMC Newport On The Levee 20.
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Aug 15, 2013 news article in the Courier-Post:
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.