Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Warwick Place Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- Greenfield, WI: Silver Cinemas - Budget South Closed [11/24]
- Bakersfield, CA: IMAX Coming to Reading Cinemas Valley Plaza 16 [11/23]
- Pagedale, MO: 24:1 Cinema Now Open [11/23]
- Wentzville, MO: B & B Wentzville Tower 12 Now Open [11/23]
- Princeton, NJ: AMC Marketfair 10 Now Open [11/23]
- Tacoma, WA: Century Point Ruston and XD Now Open [11/19]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in Dolby Cinema [11/17]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks to Open in 2016 [11/11]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Movie Bistro and XD Now Open [11/10]
- La Quinta, CA: Century La Quinta and XD Now Open [11/6]
The Warwick Place Cinemas in Marblehead, Massachusetts last month, almost 14 years after the former Warwick Cinema closed. The building that housed that theater was demolished in 2011.
The new two-screen movie theater offers moviegoers a now-popular dine-in moviegoing experience, with restaurant fare available along with traditional movie theater concessions. The restaurant is run by John Palmer Ingalls, who also owns the Palmers Restaurant and Tavern in Andover. Menu items include Lobster Bruschetta, Chicken Fingers, Center Cut Grilled Filet Mignon, Marinated Pork Tenderloin, and more. It appears that the restaurant and a cafe are available to the general public as well, so you don't need to see a movie to enjoy their food.
Like the 1919 theater that came before it, the new theater still has two screens, but the seating has been reduced. The "stadium" room features luxurious leather seats, each with a pullout tray and service call button. The "screening" room is half the size, which the theater's web site says is suited to "smaller, limited events such as holiday films, sporting events, and group functions." According to the article in Wicked Local Marblehead (see below), the "stadium" room has a screen that measures 23' x 10' and the "screening" room's screen measures a small 15' 10" x 7'.
Related News Articles
- Can Marblehead's Warwick Cinema survive in 'different era'? -- Wicked Local Marblehead [Aug 7, 2013]
- Marblehead cinema flickers back to life -- The Boston Globe [Jul 27, 2013]
- A second helping -- The Andover Townsman [Jul 25, 2013]
- New movie theater opens -- The Boston Globe [Jul 20, 2013]
- Return of the Warwick -- The Salem News [Jul 17, 2013]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.