Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
- Bloomington, MN: Theatres at Mall of America Closing December 28, 2016 [12/23]
The Picture Show @ Frontier Village in Prescott, Arizona opened to the public on August 14, 2013. The theater is located in the Frontier Village Shopping Center on Highway 69.
The theater was opened in 1997 by Wehrenberg Theatres as the Frontier Village 10 Cine, but closed in 2009. An article in The Daily Courier (see below) mentions that an extensive renovation has been done by Picture Show Entertainment, which owns/operates seven other locations in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, and Illinois.
"We have totally redone every aspect of the theater," [Picture Show Entertainment owner Jeff] Stedman said. "We are adding state-of-the-art seating, which is the best of the industry."
The seats will be electric reclining chairs, Stedman said.
"We put in all new sound equipment as well as all new digital projection," Stedman said, adding that the cinema is equipped for 3D projection.
The new theater will provide some competition for the Harkins Prescott Valley 14, about seven miles away in Prescott Valley.
To see what's playing at the new theater, head over to the Showtimes page for the Picture Show @ Frontier Village!
Related News Articles
- Picture Show Theater makes movie night special in Prescott -- The Prescott Post [Aug 14, 2013]
- Frontier Village cinema reopens on Wednesday, Aug. 14 -- The Daily Courier [Aug 9, 2013]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.