Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
- Bloomington, MN: Theatres at Mall of America Closing December 28, 2016 [12/23]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Mueller Planning for Early 2017 Opening [12/23]
The Sterling Theater in Sterling, Illinois is set to open on Friday, August 23, 2013, according to an article published recently on saukvalley.com:
After more than a year of waiting, Sterling residents soon will have a new theater.
The Sterling Theater, 402 Locust St., will open a week from today and will show movies on its two screens every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the first month.
The brew-and-view style theater will serve beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages and movie staples such as nachos and popcorn, along with small appetizers such as mozzarella sticks and Chicago-style hot dogs.
After a month, the theater will run movies every day and start showing first-run movies, theater owner Skip Huston said.
Click the Read link to view the full article.
Huston, of Avon Theatre Management Co., also operates the Avon Theatre in Decatur. Their first two movies will be Unfinished Song (Song for Marion) and The Way, Way Back, which are non-mainstream choices, and intentional choices for variety, according to the above article.
The theater's closest competition will be the Carmike Sauk Valley 8 in Sterling, but given the current difference in movie styles, perhaps there won't be an exact overlap that will cause moviegoers to have to choose between them. The Sterling Theater is planning to show the upcoming George Clooney and Sandra Bullock Sci-Fi movie Gravity, which the Carmike location will surely be showing as well, so there is sure to be some competition for the hearts, minds, and wallets of the public after all.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.