Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Watch the Newest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" [6/27]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "The Legend of Tarzan" [6/25]
- "The Fast and the Furious" Returns to Theaters for 15th Anniversary [6/10]
- Rundown of the Free/Discounted Summer Movie Programs at Theaters [5/27]
- Watch the Latest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" - Plus Photos [5/23]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Now You See Me 2" [5/20]
- Director Gareth Edwards Exits Godzilla 2 [5/14]
- Release of "The Maze Runner: The Death Cure" Likely to be Delayed by Star's Injury [5/5]
- "X-Men: Apocalypse" Won't Play in U.S. IMAX Theaters [4/25]
- New Photos and Final Trailer Added for "X-Men: Apocalypse" [4/25]
Warner Bros. Pictures announced this week that Ben Affleck will be playing the role of Batman in the Untitled Batman-Superman Movie, which is due to be released in 2015. Henry Cavill will reprise his role from the rebooted Superman movie, Man of Steel, which was released this summer.
The movie is described as "bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director’s vision of their universe" and it is slated for release on July 17, 2015. It is being called in some circles "Batman vs. Superman," which implies that they aren't going for a bro-mance angle between the superheroes.
Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production for Warner Bros. Pictures, is quoted as saying:
We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.
Director Zack Snyder added:
Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.
Affleck most recently made news by directing and starring in 2012's Argo, which received the Oscar for Best Picture. His next movie role is in Runner Runner, which opens in theaters in October. He's no stranger to action movies, with roles in The Town (more of a crime drama), Smokin' Aces, The Sum of All Fears, Pearl Harbor, Paycheck, Reindeer Games, and let's not forget Armageddon. He's also no stranger to the superhero genre, as some fans may recall him donning a costume in 2003's Daredevil.
Joining Affleck and Cavill are returning Man of Steel cast members Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and Diane Lane. There was no mention if another Sears store would be demolished during the production.
Production won't begin until 2014, but the studio is sure to keep the hype engine warm, and they'll rev it up every once in a while and provide tidbits about latest developments and news. We've created a new entry for the movie, so you can mark it as one of your Favorite Movies to stay updated on all the latest news about the movie.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.