Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Green Bay East
Green Bay, WI
- Lakeshore Cinema Cafe
- Strand Cinemas
- Marcus Sheboygan Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
Carmike Cinemas announced this week that construction on a 10-screen movie theater in Manitowoc is progressing on schedule for a planned Summer 2014 opening.
View Larger Map
The new theater will be located on the west side of Manitowoc, just east of I-43 between Viebahn Street and Calumet Avenue (Highway 151). Easy access to the freeway and supported by quite a bit of retail businesses and restaurants, the theater will enjoy its place as the largest theater in a 20+ mile radius. The closest theaters are the Lakeshore Cinema Cafe and the Strand Cinemas in Manitowoc, and the larger competition of Marcus Sheboygan Cinemas and Marcus Green Bay East are more than a half hour away.
See the map to the right for an overview of the area. The green arrow indicates the location of the new theater.
This location will be Carmike's first in eastern Wisconsin, but they do operate theaters in Eau Claire, La Crosse, and Marinette. The company operates more than 245 theaters around the country.
Featuring 10 screens and seating 1,700 customers at one time, the theater will have one of Carmike's big-screen concept "BigD" auditoriums. While the other nine auditoriums will have Digital Cinema Projection systems and stadium seating that has high-backed rocking seats, the BigD auditorium will have a larger screen (60' wide and almost 30' tall) and an upgraded sound system.
“We are very pleased with the tremendous, positive response we have received from moviegoers about their enhanced movie enjoyment while seeing films in our “BIGD” ultimate movie going experienceand have plans to open more entertainment complexes featuring “BIGD” auditoriums in 2013. Carmike Cinemas complexes currently under construction include Champaign, IL, Hickory, NC, Opelika, AL and Colorado Springs, CO. We also have plans underway for new entertainment complexes in Oak Grove, KY and Montgomery, AL. Whether it is a movie, concert, sporting event, motivational speaker or church service, Carmike guests will find “BIGD” placing them at the heart of the event,” notes Fred Van Noy, Sr. VP and Chief Operating Officer.
We'll be publishing more information about the theater as time goes on, and we'll have their showtimes when they're available!
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.