Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Bow Tie Criterion Cinemas 11 & BTX
Saratoga Springs, NY
- Bow Tie Wilton Mall Cinema 8 & BTX
Saratoga Springs, NY
- Buena Park, CA: CGV Buena Park 8 Grand Opening on January 27, 2017 [1/24]
- 2017 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/24]
- Frisco, TX: Cinemark Movie Theater Delayed to September 2018 [1/23]
- Malibu, CA: Regal Malibu Twin May Close Soon [1/23]
- Rochester, NY: Cinemark Movies 10 in Brighton Closed [1/23]
- Staten Island, NY: UA Hylan Plaza 5 Closed [1/23]
- Santa Fe, NM: UA Devargas Mall Cinema 6 Closed [1/23]
- Star Wars 8 Has a Title: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" [1/23]
- Asheville, NC: UA Beaucatcher Cinemas 7 Closed [1/20]
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
Bow Tie Cinemas is planning to open in October 2013 two new movie theaters in Saratoga Springs, New York, according to a recent article published by the Glens Falls Post-Star:
The family-owned theater chain Bow Tie Cinemas is planning to open new movie theaters in October in the Wilton Mall and downtown Saratoga Springs.
The chain revealed plans for the two new locations in February, the same week Regal Cinemas announced it would pull out of the Wilton and Latham Circle malls.
Work on the Bow Tie complex at the corner of Railroad Place and Church Street in Saratoga Springs is “pretty far along,” said Bow Tie Chief Operations Officer Joe Masher.
The downtown project at the site of a former Price Chopper will be a Criterion Cinemas complex. Masher said Criterion complexes are typically upscale, with programming geared toward adults, such as the “Movies and Mimosas” classic film series on Saturday and Sunday mornings and the “Insomnia Theater” cult film series every Friday and Saturday.
The downtown theater will have a beer and wine cafe and 11 auditoriums, including one Bow Tie Xtreme Giant Screen Auditorium (known as BTX) with a 2,000-square-foot screen, digital projection and 30,000 watts of Dolby digital 7.1 Surround Sound. All auditoriums will have leather rocking seats, wall-to-wall screens, 7.1 Dolby digital sound and digital projection with 3D capability.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The Regal Cinemas Wilton Mall 8 closed in February 2013, citing declining business at that location. Soon after that announcement, Bow Tie Cinemas announced that it would be renovating the location and building a new theater downtown as well.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.