Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
- South Miami, FL: See an Advanced Screening of "Focus" at AMC Sunset Place 24 on Feb 4, 2015 [2/3]
- National Amusements Celebrates National Popcorn Day with Free Popcorn [1/16]
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
Here it is just a few short days after Halloween and we're seeing a Christmas-themed movie in theaters. I have to agree with our Featured Critic James Berardinelli's opinion that it's just too soon for Santa Clause 3 to be released. Personally, I don't want to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving beyond the random conversation about gift ideas for family and friends. The decorations, the music, and the tree don't come out until the first Sunday in December. After all, if you start too early, you're so tired of it all that by Christmas evening, you're already figuring out how to get the tree through the door and to the curb. What's the fun in that? I'll take my holidays one at a time, thanks.
That's why it doesn't make sense to me for Tim Allen's Santa Clause 3 to come out this weekend. Movies don't have a very long lifetime in theaters lately, so it's very possible that it could be out of first-run well before the holiday ever hits. While the movie looks like it's going to be fun, the timing is all wrong.
That leaves us with Flushed Away, the first CGI animated movie from Aardman, the people who brought us the Wallace & Gromit claymation animation. It's about a pampered British rat which accidentally gets flushed from his posh penthouse flat into the slimy London sewers. Our Featured Critic liked it, and it's getting decent reviews in the press.
On a very small scale, the much-hyped Borat is also in the theaters this weekend. Sacha Baron Cohen has managed to offend the entire country of Kazakhstan with his portrayal of the title character as he roams the United States for a TV special he's doing. If this movie is supposed to appeal to you, you probably already know more than you need to decide whether to see the movie. All I have to say is, have fun, and write a Reader Review when you're done!
Things will be a little quiet for a couple of weeks until we get to November 17th, with the release of the latest James Bond movie, a movie about a penguin who can't dance, and Jack Black's latest box office turn. Check out the Coming Soon page for more details on those and more.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.