Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Remembering a Fun Event on "Back to the Future Day" [10/21]
- "The Lion King" Sequel "The Lion Guard: Return Of The Roar" to Appear on Disney Channel November 22, 2015 [10/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: A Look Inside the Lyric Theater (Closed in 1952) [10/7]
- Watch the New Trailer for "Jaws 19" [10/6]
- How the President Watches Movies - The White House Family Theater [10/1]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Taking Over IMAX Theaters for 4 Weeks [9/2]
- Sony Changed "Concussion" to Avoid Issues with the NFL - NY Times [9/2]
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
The United States Postal Service is offering a preview of its 2007 commemorative stamp offerings, which include stamps featuring James Stewart and the artwork from "Peter Pan," "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," "Dumbo," and "Aladdin."
As the 13th honoree in the Legends of Hollywood series, James Stewart (1908-1997) was a quintessential American film hero whose lanky physique, drawling speech and naturalistic acting style came to personify "Everyman." He starred in more than 80 movies. Stewart served as a pilot in the United States Army Air Forces during World War II, winning multiple decorations. The stamp is a portrait of Stewart based on a publicity photograph for The Stratton Story. The painting on the selvage shows Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, the 1939 film for which he received his first Academy Award® nomination for "best actor." The July stamp dedication ceremony will take place in Hollywood.
The Art of Disney: Magic
Also in August, the Postal Service honors the theme of magic as imagined by Walt Disney and his studio animators in the fourth in the Art of Disney stamp pane series. Now, with help from a few beloved Disney characters, it's easy to add a dash of magic to your cards and letters with stamps that feature Dumbo and Timothy Mouse, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, Mickey Mouse as "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," and Aladdin and Genie.
Click the Read link for the full line-up, including descriptions and images of the stamps due next year.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.