Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marcus North Shore Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
- Bloomington, MN: Theatres at Mall of America Closing December 28, 2016 [12/23]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Mueller Planning for Early 2017 Opening [12/23]
Marcus Theatres reached out to us this week with some information about an upgrade they have made to the UltraScreen auditorium at the Marcus North Shore Cinemas in Mequon, Wisconsin. Starting this Friday, October 4, 2013, they will be using a dual projection 4K 3D system to fill the theater's 70-foot-wide screen with three dimensional images of Gravity 3D.
The two 4K projectors, one for each eye, should effectively double the amount of light that reaches the screen. Light levels have been a challenge for 3D presentations, with many critics and audience members alike wishing that the 3D versions of movies weren't darker than their 2D counterparts.
This upgrade is going to be greatly appreciated for its debut performance, as the movie takes place in the darkness of space. The news we've been hearing about the movie is that its 3D is on par with the impact that Avatar 3D had on audiences.
That's high praise, given that Avatar was largely responsible for the resurgence that 3D has experienced in movies since its 2009 release. Some say that was also the last example of really impressive 3D as well, so having another movie truly take advantage of 3D to impressive levels would be a good thing for everyone involved!
To check this new system out for yourself, head over to the Showtimes page for Marcus North Shore Cinemas and be sure to buy your tickets online so you don't run the chance of missing the movie and having to settle for something else instead...
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.