Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Lawrenceville, GA: Grand Opening for Carmike Ovation Cinema Grill 11 on December 8, 2016 [12/6]
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Damaged by Rain - Closed Temporarily [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
- Daytona Beach, FL: Cobb Daytona Luxury 12 Coming in December [11/28]
- Streator, IL: Streator Eagle 6 to Open December 2, 2016 [11/28]
- Marcus Theatres to Acquire All Wehrenberg Theatres Locations [11/21]
The owners of the Gateway Mall in Springfield, Oregon are proposing a redevelopment of the mall that would add several large retailers while keeping existing large tenants, such as the Cinemark 17 but the discount-priced Cinemark Movies 12 - Gateway Mall would be closed and the food court would be razed.
The Register-Guard published a story about the plans on September 12, 2013:
The plans filed with the city would close the mall’s discount movie theater and raze the existing food court. The newer 17-screen theater would remain.
Sandi Schnider, a 27-year-old Eugene resident, has been going to the Gateway Mall since she was a teenager and said she would be sad to see the theater go. She sees movies there a few times a month.
“I don’t want to pay $8 to see a movie, but $1.50 has been awesome,” she said.
The cleared space would make room for large retailers and smaller shops, which possibly could include some eateries, accessible from an outdoor pedestrian walkway, according to the plans. That would replace the current layout of small shops on each side of an interior corridor running the length of the mall.
Click the Read link below to view the full article, which includes a layout of the proposed changes.
Photo above ©2013 Cinemark USA, Inc.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.