Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Mayfair Mall 18
Add Your Comments
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Damaged by Rain - Closed Temporarily [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
- Daytona Beach, FL: Cobb Daytona Luxury 12 Coming in December [11/28]
- Streator, IL: Streator Eagle 6 to Open December 2, 2016 [11/28]
- Marcus Theatres to Acquire All Wehrenberg Theatres Locations [11/21]
- Grand Junction, CO: Movie Theater Opens in Former Carmike 7 Location [11/18]
CBS 58 News is reporting that there has been a confirmed case of bed bugs at the AMC Mayfair Mall 18 in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin:
AMC Theatres confirmed to CBS 58 that bed bugs were found at their Mayfair Mall location. According to the company, the bed bugs were found earlier this month and isolated to three rows of seats in a single theater.
The investigation stemmed from a single bite.
AMC assured CBS 58 and the public that the bed bugs have been taken care of.
"At AMC, we take aggressive steps, including inspections, if a bed bug is suspected. If any inspection comes back positive for bed bugs, the affected area is treated by a third-party pest control company. A single auditorium at this location was treated early this month and we’ve had no reports since treatment."
Click the Read link below to view the full article and the video of the story as it aired.
An article on WISN TV's web site about the incident interviews a local pest control company spokesman:
Wil-Kill pest expert Randy Allen said bedbugs may prefer sleeping environments like mattresses and couches, but they are nothing new in a theater setting.
Allen said moviegoers should not overreact to the report. While bedbug bites can leave temporary marks or welts, they do not carry any diseases.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.